Camping is a very popular outdoor recreational activity with thousands of people taking part in it every day. There are many forms of camping such as survivalist camping where you only bring a minimum number of items or recreational camping when you need to pack a lot to ensure you have the best and most comfortable experience.
There are also a lot of different options when it comes to where you sleep. You can visit our website for the best hammock for camping or best tent.
Overall, the list of what you need to prepare on a camping trip depends pretty much on what forms of camping you are going to take part in. In case you are considering about joining in this activity, take a look at the list below for some most common forms of camping. First, here are some forms of camping based on different natures.
- Adventure Camping: When you take part in an adventure camping, you are generally put yourself into a race among other campers. It means that you need to reach a camp site as soon as by racing or biking. Alternatively, you can or go as far as you can and then stop for camping at night. With this type of camping, you should only prepare for what you need the most such as sleeping bag and a portable stove. You should not bring so many bulky items since they will slow down your journey to a great extent
- Dry Camping: Just like what the name suggest, when you go dry camping, you go to a place without a significant numbers of water sources. This type of camping is quite popular in dessert since you should not expect to find much water there. With this type of camping, in order to survive for a certain numbers of days, you need to prepare a huge amount of water.
- Survivalist Camping: Unlike glamping camping which I will mention later on, survivalist camping is among the hardest forms of camping. You need to have previous experience in camping before as well as having certain surviving skills in order to participate in this form of camping. During the trip, you will be able to learn how to get food from the natures, how to deal with certain medical treatment and how to find ways using compass and traditional methods only. After this trip, you will be able to learn many important skills which you can apply to survive in the wilderness. These skills are also critical for your daily life as well such as problem solving skills and decision making skills.
- Glamping: To many people this is the easiest form of camping. It is the combination of camping and luxury vacation with amenities which are equal to the services you get at home or hotel. This looks like a new trend but in fact, it was created back in the 1900s when rich travelers want to experience a new form of relaxing without sacrificing any comfort.
- Reenactment Camping: This is my favorite type of camping and I think you would like it if you are a type of person who loves history and want to experience it. In a reenactment camping site, you will have a chance to live like the people who live in a certain historic era. You use cook the way they cook and have the same activities like they normally do. Not to mention that, you also have to dress like they used to dress as well. The themes of reenactment camping sites for you to choose from come in large number as well. Some of the most common themes are the American Civil world and the Wild West Gold Hunting era.
The forms of camping are also different in means of transport which you use to get to the camping sites:
- Backpacking: This is the most common form of camping and I am sure that you have already heard about it. With backpacking, campers can experience the wilderness to the maximum. You have a great chance to walk through various beautiful landscapes. There are also different difficulty levels and the higher the level is, the more chances you have to go to more remote areas. Since this type of camping is very popular, you can have access to many gears and equipment. When you pack for a backpacking trip, the choices of what to bring will hugely depend on how many days your trip lasts, how heavy you can carry and what your needs are.
- Canoe Camping: This form of camping is just like backpacking. The main difference is that you are going by canoe- on water. The list of what to bring will also depend on your needs and preference. With the help of the electric motors, you can bring much heavier and bulkier items. To ensure that you are safe, always remember to bring life savers and waterproof bags.
- Bicycle Camping: Instead of walking to the camping site, with bicycle camping, you can cycle to the final destination instead. With bicycle camping, make sure you pack lightweight items so that you don’t feel tired cycling with a huge amount of weight on your bike.
- Car And RV Camping: Car camping is pretty much like other types of camping I mention above. However, the pros and cons of this form should be taken into consideration. Car camping helps you reach your camping site quicker and you are able to bring a lot of heavy stuff such as camping mattress. Nevertheless, car camping may be not bring much exposure to the nature like what you have when you go backpacking or bicycle camping. In addition, it can cause pollution and significant to the nature- and because of that, there are not so many camping sites where car camping is allowed.
Finally, we have seasonal forms of camping including summer camping and winter camping. Winter camping is much harder as the conditions outside are much more severe and you need to have more items to keep you warm at night.
Overall, there are a large number of camping forms for you to choose from. Different forms of camping will need different preparation. The lists of camping gear and equipment are also not the same. So make sure you research carefully about what forms of camping you like to participate in to have proper plan and preparation.
No matter what forms of camping you have, I wish you will have a lot of fun times and gain a lot of valuable experiences along the way.
I’m William. I hosted the outdoor camping gears site with a single-point agenda and that is to post riveting open-air camping gear or kit reviews. I sincerely hope that my blog posts and reviews will go a long way in helping campers, adventurists, trekkers, and hikers, and everybody else who’s passionate about spending time outdoors, to choose the appropriate items according to the parameters of budget, preferences, and needs. Please visit my website at https://gigacamping.com/